Program Evaluation Committee (PEC)
- To participate actively in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating all significant activities of the residency program.
- To review annually the program using multiple sources of evaluation including evaluations by faculty and residents, board score results, and success of resident recruitment.
- To assure that areas of non-compliance with ACGME standards are corrected.
- To render a full, written, annual program evaluation (APE).
The program director must appoint the PEC members. The committee must be composed of at least 2 members of the residency faculty and must include representation from the residents.
The PEC will meet semi-annually and will review:
- Current program, common and institutional ACGME requirements
- Follow up on previous citations
- Goals and objectives of curriculum
- Evaluation system
- Didactic curriculum requirements
- Effectiveness of clinical curriculum
- Volume and variety of patients and procedures
- Program Letters of Agreement
- In house program evaluations by faculty and residents
- ACGME faculty and resident surveys
- Resident supervision policy
- Recruiting results
- Duty hour monitoring results
- Research and scholarly activities of faculty and residents
- Board scores, in training exam scores, graduate surveys
- Clinical outcomes/QI projects
If deficiencies are found, a written plan will be prepared to document initiatives to improve.
Program Evaluation Committee Members