Academic Affairs

NOTE: If you are an undergraduate student at Marshall University, please contact the university’s registrar office.


The Office of Academic Affairs is committed to providing excellence in medical education to ensure that our graduates possess the knowledge, skills and professional attributes necessary to meet society’s health care needs. It is our responsibility to develop, implement and oversee academic and professional policy and standards to recognize academic excellence.

Marie Frazier, MD, MSFS
Associate Dean
Academic Affairs
(304) 691-1384

Traci West-McCombs
(304) 691-6940

Robert Nance "Robbie"
Program Coordinator
(304) 691-8592
(Fax) (304) 691-1740

Duties & Services

  • Academic Calendar
  • Course Scheduling and Registration
  • Degree, Enrollment, and Education Verification
    • Degree Verifications

      If you are a past graduate of Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine or an employer who is seeking to have a degree verified, please contact the School of Medicine’s Registrar’s office. Forms can be sent via mail, email (preferred)or fax to the contact information listed below. Please note, if you require a transcript, transcripts must be requested from the Main Campus Registrar; please see below how to request a transcript. Please allow 3-5 business days for the degree verification to be completed.

      Send Degree Verifications to:

      MUSOM Registrar
      1600 Medical Center Dr. Suite 3420
      Huntington WV 25701
      Fax: 304-691-1740

  • Transcripts
    • If you need to order an official transcript, you must do so through Marshall University’s main campus Registrar Office. Visit to order the transcript. There is a fee associated with each transcript request. You may order the transcript to be sent one of the following ways:
      • Electronically – if you choose this option, please ensure the medical board or the intended recipient of the transcript will accept this method. They will be sent a secure link to download a certified official transcript. You may also have the transcript sent to the MUSOM Registrar for uploading to VSAS or ERAS/MIDUS (via a provided link).
      • Paper copy – Choose a paper copy if you need to have the medical school seal applied to the official transcript. Most medical board verifications do not require the transcript to have the seal, but some do. Please contact the Medical School Registrar once you have ordered the transcript to place the seal. You must have the transcript sent to the Medical School Registrar for the seal to be placed. If a seal is not required you may have the paper copy sent directly to the medical board or intended recipient.
        • If you should have any outstanding fees or balances with the university a transcript order cannot be completed until all fees are paid to the university.
  • Diplomas
  • Visiting Students
  • Academic Advising
    • Academic Advising: The Office of Academic Affairs monitors student grades and professional behavior through all four years of medical school. In the MS-I and MS-II years, grades are reviewed following each block exam. Students who are evidencing academic difficulty are contacted by the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs who works in conjunction with the student to identify barriers to adequate academic progress. Referrals are made to appropriate learning, physical and mental health providers as appropriate.MS-III and MS-IV midpoint evaluations are forwarded and reviewed during each rotation. Again, academic concerns are addressed through communication between the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs and the student. Referrals are made as needed.

Contact Info