Xie Memorial Research Symposium
Date: October 26, 2020 (9:30 AM)
- October 27, 2020 (5:00 PM)
This event will be delivered virtually. More information about login/registration will follow.
Monday, October 26th, 2020
9:30 to 9:45 a.m.
9:45 to 10:45 a.m.
Zi-Jian Xie Memorial Opening Lecture
Joseph I. Shapiro, M.D., Dean (Marshall)
10:45 to 11 a.m.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Moderated Session: Cardiovascular I / Dean C. Cooper, Dr. S. Haller (UT)
- Olga Fedorova, Ph.D., Jennifer Shearon, Rachel Fenner (NIA/NIH)
Cardiotonic steroids in vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- Chrysan Mohammed, Ph.D. Candidate (UT)
Paraoxonase 3 is Renoprotective in a Dahl Salt-Sensitive Rat Model of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Prabhat Dube, Ph.D., Dean's Post-doctoral Fellow-to-Faculty Fellow (UT)
Paraoxanase-1 Modulates Cardiotonic Steroid Induced Cardiac Inflammation and Fibrosis in A Dahl Salt-Sensitive Model of Chronic Kidney Disease
- Jiayan Wang, Ph.D. (Marshall)
Na/K-ATPase-Oxidative stress axis mediates the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension
1 to 2 p.m.
2 to 2:30 p.m.
Presentation of Honorary Degree to Dr. Maurice Mufson
President Jerome Gilbert (Marshall)
2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Moderated Session / Dr. K. Sodhi, Dr. J. Tian (Marshall)
- Rebecca Martin, Ph.D. (Marshall)
Role of adipocyte Na/K-ATPase signaling in Alzheimer’s disease
- Jue Zhang, Ph.D. (Medical College of Wisconsin)
Regulation of Na/K-ATPase expression by cholesterol: molecular mechanism and isoform specificity
- Dr. Sanabria’s group (Marshall) – title pending
- Moumita Banerjee, Ph.D. (Marshall)
Inverse agonism at the Na/K-ATPase receptor reverses EMT in prostate cancer cells
Tuesday, October 27th, 2020
8:45 to 9 a.m.
9 to 10 a.m.
Gustavo Blanco, M.D., Ph.D. (KUMC)
Targeting Na,K-ATPase signaling as an approach to slow ADPKD progression
10 to 10:10 a.m.
10:10 a.m. to 12:40 p.m.
Moderated Session: Cardiovascular II / Dr. D. Malhotra, Dr. D. Kennedy (UT)
- Shreya Mukherji, Ph.D. candidate (Marshall)
Tonic Inhibition of Sodium Reabsorption by Na/K-ATPase in the Proximal Tubule
- Wei Li, M.D. (Marshall)
Thymidine phosphorylase in the development of obesity and atherothrombotic diseases
- Shungang Zhang, Ph.D., Post-doctoral Fellow (UT)
Disruption of CD40 attenuates the development of ischemic renal injury
- Olga Fedorova, Ph.D. and Jen Shearon (NIA/NIH)
Central arterial stiffness and vascular dementia.
- Jiang Liu, Ph.D. (Marshall)
Inhibition of Na/K-ATPase signaling by pNaKtide ameliorates PNx mediated anemia
12:40 to 1:30 p.m.
1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Nader Abraham, Ph.D., Dr.h.c., F.A.H.A.
Obesity and COVID-19 in the development of heart failure: antioxidant NaKtide as a potential therapeutic
2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Moderated Session / Dr. J. Liu, Dr. K.V. Chin (Marshall)
- Jiang Tian, Ph.D. (Marshall)
Learning Bioinformatics, an Example of WGCNA analysis
- Dhilhani Faleel, Ph.D. Candidate (UT):
Biochemical and In Silico Studies of Paraoxonase Hydrolysis of Cardiotonic Steroids
- Xiaoliang Wang, M.D., Ph.D. (Marshall)
A caveolin binding motif in Na/K-ATPase is required for stem cell differentiation and organogenesis in mammals and C. elegans
- Liquan Cai, Ph.D. (Marshall)
Na/K-ATPase controls mammalian myogenesis through beta-catenin/Wnt signaling
4:30 to 5 p.m.
Wrap-up/roundtable and closing (organizing committee)