Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). This service is available through your medical school or the ECFMG if you are a foreign medical graduate. Foreign medical graduates must have a valid and current ECFMG certificate. We only accept J1 Visas – no H1-B visas are accepted. The Adult Neurology Residency Program interviews for 3 PGY 1 Categorical positions each year.
- USMLE Step I and II with a minimum score of 220 or above on first attempt only.
- If IMG – at least 6 months of current US clinical experience is required. (Clinical experience is official clinical rotations working with attending physicians and exposure to patient care.)
- Graduation from medical school within the last two years, or currently in ACGME approved residency.
- ECFMG certification at time of hiring for FMG's (if offered contract)
- Only J1 Visa accepted - Marshall School of Medicine will NOT sponsor H1 visa.
- Application submission deadline – October 31.
- Items necessary for application: NO EXCEPTIONS
- USMLE Scores for Step I and Step II CS
- ERAS application with Photo
- Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation; at least two letters must be from a neurology chairman/program director/faculty at a teaching institution.
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Updated CV
- Positions available each year: All applicants for must apply through ERAS
- If offered a contract, candidate must complete and pass a mandatory drug screening and background check.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH ERAS.