How to Apply

For more information on our program, contact Program Coordinator Dema Shanti.

The gastroenterology fellowship at the Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine accepts applications through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS), which is available through your medical school, or the ECFMG if you are a foreign medical graduate. Foreign medical graduates must hold a valid and current ECFMG certificate. Only J-1 visas are acceptable. We do not sponsor H1-B visas.

The following application materials are required and must be submitted through ERAS:

  • ERAS Application or ECFMG-ERAS (for Foreign Medical Graduates)
  • Medical school transcript
  • Curriculum vitae (the ERAS generated CV is acceptable)
  • Personal statement
  • Current photo
  • Three letters of reference from faculty members
  • Documentation of passage of USMLE Step 3 or equivalent

For more information about program, please contact Program Coordinator Dema Shanti.