Application Deadline: January 12, 2018
You MUST be a West Virginia resident with a minimum composite ACT of 30 (SAT composite equivalent 1330 minimum [from Critical Reading and Math] from a single test date prior to March 2016; SAT composite equivalent 1390 minimum from a single test date after March 2016) and a minimum math score of 27 (SAT equivalent 610 for test dates prior to March 2016; SAT equivalent 630 minimum for test dates after March 2016) or higher from the same test date as the qualifying composite score.
You MUST have applied and have been accepted to Marshall University before submitting the Accelerated BS/MD Application. When you are accepted to Marshall University you will receive a student ID number. This number is required for the Accelerated BS/MD Application.
Your status as a West Virginia resident will be determined by the Marshall University Office of Admissions.
- A completed application must be submitted online by deadline date.
- After establishing your password for the application, you can log in and out of the application to update and make changes.
- In order to advance through the application without completing it, a character must be placed in each space. This will allow you to move between pages in the application using the “previous” and “next” button.
- ACT/SAT score information will be obtained from the Marshall University Office of Admissions. Should you have updated information, it is your responsibility to submit to the address below and it must be received by 4:30PM on the application deadline date.
- GPA information will be confirmed with the Marshall University Office of Admissions. Should you have updated information, it is your responsibility to submit to the address below and it must be received by 4:30PM on the application deadline date.
- Three letters of recommendation. These should include at least two letters from teachers who has had you in class (science, math or AP class) and one from someone who has supervised you in a community, volunteer or work experience. Letters must come directly from the author. Please print and sign the release form from this link. The release form should be given to those completing your letters of recommendation and mailed with the letter of recommendation to the address below.
- It is essential that we have the appropriate email address as this will be our primary method of contacting applicants. Please check frequently for correspondence.
Marshall Medical Center
ATTN: Accelerated BS/MD Program
1600 Medical Center Drive, Suite 1400
Huntington WV 25701