- Annual New Faculty Academic Orientation - August 14, 2019 4:30 – 6:00 PM; January 29, 2020 @ 4:30 PM
- Dining with the Dean
- Dates: October 29, 2019 @ 5:00 PM & March 24, 2020 @ 5:00 PM
- All JCESOM junior faculty members are invited to join Dr. Shapiro for small group dinner meetings! The Dining with the Dean program is a unique opportunity for junior faculty to share experiences with peers and the dean and to provide feedback, ask questions, and discuss general matters about the school. Seating is limited. To learn more or to request an invitation, please contact Office of Faculty Advancement: 304-691-8638.
New Faculty Seminar Series: "Success begins with you"
- New Faculty Seminar Series: “Success Begins with You” is designed to provide a brief overview of topics specific to the School of Medicine Faculty. This seminar series is offered during the Fall & Spring Semester. Each session is 60 minutes long and includes information geared toward facilitating the academic, clinical, and research pursuits of the faculty.
- Seminar Topics Include:
- Getting to know your Academic Home
- Resources for Navigating your Academic Journey
- Introduction to Faculty Promotion & Tenure
- Strategies for a Successful Academic Career
- New Faculty Seminar Series Presentations