Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine is committed to the development of resources and opportunities for faculty wellness as a means of optimizing the individual faculty member's life and developing a culture of caring for each other's well-being. We believe that optimization is best achieved when either spheres of well-being are in balance according to that individual faculty member's needs.
These eight spheres of well-being are as follows:
How Inspire Wellness can help you navigate toward better health:
- Inspire Wellness is personalized to your goals, interests and lifestyle. By answering a few questions, WebMD ONE will create a custom homepage, build a recommended action plan and point you toward tools that can help you achieve what is most important to you.
- Learn where your well-being stands by completing the NCQA-certified Health Assessment.
- Manage your health goals with the Daily Habits tool.
- Maintain your medical documents, doctor visit notes, medication lists, allergies and immunizations in our secure Health Record.
- Watch videos and listen to podcasts on well-being topics.
- Connect a fitness device or app to automatically upload your activity, and much more.
- Discover health and happiness – Would you like to manage stress better? We can help you stand resilient against whatever life throws your way. Do you want to lose weight? We will help you start a physical activity routine and stay on track.
- In addition to the excellent tools and content provided by WebMD, you will receive a host of curated wellness information from our wellness committee regarding wellness opportunities within the School of Medicine, Marshall University and our outlying communities.
To Download our app, Wellness At Your Side:
- Visit the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and search for “Wellness At Your Side.”
- Download and open the app, then enter your connection code: MarshallHealth
- Register a new account on the WebMD ONE portal and personalize your experience by answering a few questions about your health goals.
You can also register a new account by going directly to the website: https://www.webmdhealth.com/sponsors/MarshallHealth.htm
Charles Francis, MD, MS, CWWS
Chairman, Faculty Wellness Committee
Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology
Wellness Resources through MUSOM