Document Delivery provides access to articles and books not available at MU. Services offered through the Document Delivery department include article copies (in print and/or .pdf if available) and material loans. You can make document delivery and book loans through the Health Sciences Library’s Document Delivery Request Form.
All MUSOM faculty, residents, staff, and students are welcome to use our services. Please contact Denise Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-691-1752 for additional information and to submit a request using the Document Delivery Request Form.
Faculty - there is a charge for each item requested.
Students - there is no charge to use the IDS service (funded in part by student fees) to request items.
Did you know that PubMed now links directly to our IDS service? Follow these 5 easy steps!
- Search PubMed for the article you need & click on the title you want to request
- Click on the “Send to” link just above the end of the title
- Choose “Order”
- Click “Order articles” (Your browser will go straight to the MU ILL login screen)
- Login and the system will automatically fill out your request for you!
Want to request something from one of our EbscoHOST databases? Can do! Simply watch for link to IDS/ILL “MU does not own – request from IDS”. Click the link to be directed to our IDS webpage. Login and let the system automatically fill out your request.
Happen to find the article you want outside of our Databases? No problem! Here’s a few tips to help you make the most of our IDS service.
- Log into the MU IDS webpage, http://www.marshall.edu/library/services/ids.asp
- In an effort to make signing into Interlibrary Loan (ILL) more secure and user-friendly, the Marshall University Library has changed over to single sign-on for Information Delivery Services. When accessing Interlibrary Loan, use the same MUNET login credentials used for all of MU’s online services such as myMU and MUOnLine. Please note: you will need to create a new account the first time you log into ILL. The system will prompt you. You will not automatically be able to see any requests that were submitted before Aug 1, 2016; but, your previous requests are not lost! If you would like to see your request history after the transition to the new sign-on service, please send an email to email@example.com, and we will assist in restoring your history.
- Choose your request type from the left side of the screen
- Fill out the request
- Always try to fill out the following information. The more information we have, the faster we can find what you’re looking for! (* indicates required fields)
- Journal or Book Title *
- Issue or Number
- Year of publication *
- Pages *
- ISSN/ISBN (International Standard Serial/Book Number)
- Call Number
- Article Author
- Article Title *
- Not Wanted After Date (MM/DD/YYYY) *
- Will you accept the item in a language other than English? (If YES, please specify)
- (Other information as needed)
Still having problems? Try contacting one of our librarians with Ask A Librarian, or stop by the library and talk with our staff directly. Feel free to contact our IDS Department as well, 304-696-4011.